Monday, June 15, 2009

"Can't we all just get along?" Redux

"Can't we all just get along?" Oh, I forgot. Not as long as there's money to be made and power to be gained for the pretentious-petulant-pointy-heads (pretending intellectual perspicacity), who dominate the allegedly enlightened left we can't. (At least an ostrich has enough sense to stick it's (pointy) head in the sand, and not some other dark, smelly place.) How anyone with a modicum of common sense (If common sense were, there'd be more of it) could believe that either side is without sin (yes, you fool - even your vaunted democrat party big whigs) is maintaining a state of delusion. Self or otherwise. I recently was asked by a fellow (female) community action group member, "What" I was. When I responded "American", she went into apoplexy, admonishing me sternly that I couldn't make that claim, as that wasn't a "recognized" category or group. I responded that when I was stationed near Munich, West Germany, I was asked, in German, the same question. I then told her I responded thus: "Armenisher, Englander, Franklander, Hollander und Scotlander", to which my questioner, bursting into a big smile said, "Ach! Amerikaner!". I told her it was a lesson I've never forgotten. As long as we Balkanize, segregate, separate, categorize, fold, spindle and mutilate the American polity, we diminish this grand experiment. We must embrace our uniquely American commonality, especially those precepts as espoused in our Constitution and it's Preamble thereto that bind us together. We must disavow those who would divide to conquer, control and diminish us, both as a people and as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment